I’d like to start by thanking Stephen Yule (http://yuletimes.com / @yuletimes) for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. How fun! Now this blog needs to have 7 interesting facts about little ol’ me … and that is no easy task, but here goes nothing!
- I relocated to a different country with my husband and children 3 years ago. It has been an extremely fun and exciting adventure. It happened extremely spontaneously (2 months from talking about it to packing up our entire lives and moving!) and I was never really the spontaneous type.
- I have worked in many different fields, testing the water in them all. I’ve worked as a travel agent, a makeup artist, substitute teacher, secretary on Wall Street … just to name a few!
- I am fluent in three languages. English, Hebrew and American Sign Language. I was born and raised in New York, so English is a given, my parents are both Israeli, so they raised us speaking Hebrew, and in college I took ASL as a foreign language course and loved the community I was introduced to, so kept learning.
- I have two brothers, two half brothers and three sons. I have been surrounded by boys my entire life!! The girl gene is not strong in my family 🙂
- I wrote my first children’s book last year! My inspiration was my middle son graduating Kindergarten and moving on to 1st grade in the same school as his older brother.
- I started my own makeup line when I was in my early 20s. I was planning on opening up my own beauty salon, but then found out I was pregnant with my first and put it on hold. It still might end up happening someday!
- I am a hardcore Friends fan. I have watched every episode more times than I can count. I actually quoted Monica Gellar when my first son was born. I delivered him via emergency c-section and was still out of it from the trauma (you can read about it here) when I look at him and quoted “I’m going to love you so much that no woman is ever going to be good enough for you”. (Who can tell me which episode/scene that’s from!?)
The 7 awesome bloggers I choose to nominate are:
Here are the rules:
Write 7 interesting facts about yourself (this could be difficult)
Nominate 15 amazing bloggers for the award